1 - cook chicken & sausage jambalaya (or use your leftovers!)
2 - whisk 2 eggs, 1 tbsp milk or half & half, salt and pepper
3 - grease pan, add egg mixture, cook on medium to low until eggs are about halfway cooked
4 - top with a heaping scoop of jambalaya, then add cheese (we used sharp white cheddar)
5 - flip omelet in half and sear on both sides until cheese is melted.
#yumyumcomegetyousome #orderup #jambalayaomelet
We could all use a little extra luck in 2021. Enjoy a taste of New Orleans with your Blackeye Peas on New Year's Day with Jambalaya Girl's Jambalaya. This recipe is inspired by the South Carolina Hoppin' John Dish. Wishing you good health, good luck and good food in 2021, Happy New Year! - The Jambalaya Girl Family from New Orleans
Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya – on sale now at select stores and online!
1 lb. Blackeye Peas
1 – 8 oz. package Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya
2 Ham Hocks (or 1 lb. bacon)
1 Onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
6 cups Chicken Stock
2.5 cups water
- Rinse and sort peas.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add water and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Add blackeye peas and ham hocks; stir well. Return to a boil for 10 minutes; cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour or until the peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ham hocks, pick meat from bones, chop and return to the pot; discard bones, skin and other unwanted items.
- Add Jambalaya Rice to pot, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer an additional 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir and serve. Happy New Year!
Easy dish, all you need is Jambalaya Girl's Yellow Rice, cherry tomatoes, onions, basil, parmesan cheese and greek yogurt.
Beef Stew Gumbo with Carrots, Potatoes, Celery and Mushrooms using Jambalaya Girl Gumbo Base with Roux. Recipe submitted by Jan from Tullahoma, TN. Thanks Jan!
Bring New Orleans right to your home – live stream WWOZ Radio
broadcasting from the French Quarter, get a pot of Jambalaya and a pot of Gumbo going on your stove for a flavorful dining experience. Serve Gumbo over Jambalaya Rice instead of white rice for double the flavor!
How to make Jamburritos from Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya. Great for leftovers. Brought to you by Jambalaya Girl and her sweet Jambalaya Boy!
A signature burrito from New Orleans! Enjoy this recipe with Shrimp Jambalaya, Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya or even a vegetarian Black Bean Jambalaya. Great for leftovers too.
An easy vegetarian dish. Goes great with all seasoned rice blends - Jambalaya, Brown and Yellow.
Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Casserole. Made with Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya Rice Mix.
Beef Roast with Gravy over Rice. Made using Jambalaya Girl Gumbo Base and Jambalaya Rice Mix.