Yellow Rice Pork Bowl March 02 2023
Featured Menu Item of the Sweet Swine O’ Mine team at Hogs for the Cause
- Pork Boston Butt
- Mustard to rub
- Your favorite BBQ seasoning
- 8 oz box of Jambalaya Girl Yellow Rice
- 5 Cups Water
- Green Onions
- BBQ Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Pulled Pork: rub pork down with Mustard, then generously season with your BBQ seasoning. Roast in Oven, Crockpot or Smoker until cooked through.
- In rice Cooker add 8 oz Bag of Yellow Rice + 2.5 Cups of water and cook.
- Prepare the bowl: add heaping scoop of rice, topped with pulled pork, jalapeños, sliced green onions, BBQ sauce and Sour Cream
As a member of the Sweet Swine O' Mine Team at Hogs for the Cause, Jambalaya Girl is grateful to give back. For the month of March, a portion of all Yellow Rice proceeds benefit Hogs for the Cause.
New Orleans Style Hoppin' John Jambalaya December 11 2022
Enjoy a taste of New Orleans with your Blackeye Peas on New Year's Day with Jambalaya Girl's Jambalaya. This recipe is inspired by the South Carolina Hoppin' John Dish. Wishing you good health, good luck and good food in 2023, Happy New Year! - The Jambalaya Girl Family from New Orleans
Click here for a printable recipe card.
Makes great gifts for teachers, co-workers, neighbors, friends and family!
1 lb. Blackeye Peas
1 – 8 oz. package Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya
2 Ham Hocks (or 1 lb. bacon or sausage)
1 Onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
6 cups Chicken Stock
2.5 cups water
- Rinse and sort peas.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add water and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Add blackeye peas and ham hocks; stir well. Return to a boil for 10 minutes; cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour or until the peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ham hocks, pick meat from bones, chop and return to the pot; discard bones, skin and other unwanted items.
- Add Jambalaya Rice to pot, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer an additional 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir and serve. Happy New Year!
Jambalaya Omelet August 10 2021
1 - cook chicken & sausage jambalaya (or use your leftovers!)
2 - whisk 2 eggs, 1 tbsp milk or half & half, salt and pepper
3 - grease pan, add egg mixture, cook on medium to low until eggs are about halfway cooked
4 - top with a heaping scoop of jambalaya, then add cheese (we used sharp white cheddar)
5 - flip omelet in half and sear on both sides until cheese is melted.
Yellow Rice Casserole October 01 2020Easy dish, all you need is Jambalaya Girl's Yellow Rice, cherry tomatoes, onions, basil, parmesan cheese and greek yogurt.
Beef Stew Gumbo with Carrots, Potatoes, Celery and Mushrooms using Jambalaya Girl Gumbo Base with Roux. Recipe submitted by Jan from Tullahoma, TN. Thanks Jan!
Gumbalaya July 26 2020Bring New Orleans right to your home – live stream WWOZ Radio broadcasting from the French Quarter, get a pot of Jambalaya and a pot of Gumbo going on your stove for a flavorful dining experience. Serve Gumbo over Jambalaya Rice instead of white rice for double the flavor!
Jamburritos April 06 2020How to make Jamburritos from Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya. Great for leftovers. Brought to you by Jambalaya Girl and her sweet Jambalaya Boy!
Shrimp Jamburrito March 01 2020A signature burrito from New Orleans! Enjoy this recipe with Shrimp Jambalaya, Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya or even a vegetarian Black Bean Jambalaya. Great for leftovers too.
Vegetarian Black Beans, Tomatoes and Zucchini Rice February 03 2020An easy vegetarian dish. Goes great with all seasoned rice blends - Jambalaya, Brown and Yellow.
- Page 1 of 5