Beef Stew Gumbo with Carrots, Potatoes, Celery and Mushrooms July 28 2020
Recipe submitted by Jan from Tullahoma, TN. Thanks Jan!
You will need:
1 4 oz. bag Jambalaya Girl Gumbo Base with Roux Mix
6 cups water
1 lb. stew beef
2 cups potatoes, cut in chunks
2 cups carrots
2 cups celery
1 onion chopped
1 cup mushrooms
1 can beer (12 oz.), lager
Stove Top Instructions:
1. Cook beef in pot.
2. Add 4 cups of water to pot and bring to a boil.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk Gumbo Mix with remaining 2 cups water until Mix is dissolved.
4. Add Gumbo mixture to boiling pot and mix well.
5. Add beer, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms to pot and mix well.
6. Return pot to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover pot and let simmer 45 minutes to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
7. Shout “Yum, yum, come get you some!” stir and serve.