Beef Roast with Gravy over Rice February 03 2020
2 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast
1/4 cup Jambalaya Girl Gumbo Base with Roux
1.5 cups water
2 tablespoons creole seasoning
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (10-oz) bag frozen vegetable blend (diced onions, celery, bell peppers)
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (8-oz box) Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya Rice Mix
2 1/2 cups water
- Preheat large stockpot on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Coat beef with 2 tablespoons seasoning.
- Pour oil in pot, then add beef; cook 8–10 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove beef from pot.
- Place vegetable blend in pot; cook 3–4 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Gumbo Mix and 1.5 cups water.
- Stir in Gumbo mixture and tomatoes in pot; bring mixture to a boil. Return beef to pot and cover; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2–2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender and 190°F (for shreddable).
- During last 40 minutes of cook time, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan for Jambalaya Rice. Add rice to boiling water and cover; reduce heat to low and cook 20 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Serve beef and sauce over Jambalaya Rice.