Jambalaya Stuffed Bell Peppers March 03 2015
6 Bell Peppers (tops cut away and seeds removed)
1 lb. Ground Beef
8 oz. Box (1 cup) Jambalaya Girl Jambalaya Rice Mix
2.5 cups Water
3/4 cup Shredded Cheese
(Mozzarella or Parmesan)
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• In large pot, boil the peppers with water for 2-3 minutes; drain.
• Cook ground beef; drain and return to skillet.
• Add water and bring to a boil. Add Jambalaya Rice and bring back to a boil.
• Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
• Pour water in baking dish to cover the bottom about 1/8” deep.
• When rice is 3/4 cooked, scoop the rice and meat mixture into the
peppers, place in baking dish.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese.
• Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.