Food Service Gumbo Base with Roux Mix, Case of 10 - 16 oz.
- AUTHENTIC, EASY NEW ORLEANS DINNER MIX: Just add chicken and sausage or seafood and serve over rice for a traditional meal. Package includes dark rich roux, seasonings and hearty dehydrated vegetables. No Artificial Flavors, No MSG Added, No Certified Colors.
- FULLY BLENDED: Consistent flavor in every bite.
- WE STARTED WITH THE ROUX SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO: This timesaver for a dark rich roux that would take her Mom an hour to make from scratch is already done in this special blend of Jambalaya Girl’s Gumbo Base with the Roux.
- MORE REAL VEGETABLES: includes hearty dehydrated vegetables you can see and taste, we’ve already “doctored it up” with the “New Orleans trinity” of vegetables for you!
- MORE FLAVOR, LESS HEAT: New Orleans cooking to us is about the FLAVOR, not the heat. That’s why our blends have more ingredients for a rich flavor and don’t taste as salty or as spicy as other box mixes. There is a delicate kick of heat, however it won’t burn your mouth. And for the heat lovers out there – you can always kick it up with a spicy sausage or hot sauce!
- KID APPROVED: the heat is mild and kid friendly and kids love this stuff! Our mixes are a “Favorite Thing” of Mom’s Blogs across the country.
- ELEVATING THE BOX MIX CATEGORY: “A rich stock can make the difference between a good dish and a fantastic one.” – Chef Paul Prudhomme; Jambalaya Girl’s blended box mixes include a rich stock for a fantastic flavor.
RECIPE IDEAS: Chicken & Sausage or Seafood; Gumbalaya (serve w/ jambalaya
rice); Beef Stew; Shrimp Etouffee; Serve with a scoop of potato salad instead of rice
- MANY WAYS TO COOK IT: In addition to the stove top instructions included on the box, the Gumbo Base with Roux Mix can also be prepared in an Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Rice Cooker.
- SERVINGS: 1 – 16 oz bag makes 30 – 8 oz servings. Case includes 10 – 16 oz bags for a total of 300 – 8oz servings.