Tips for Making Great Jambalaya for your Mardi Gras Party February 07 2019
This quick and easy Jambalaya Recipe is a crowd pleaser, whether it’s a friends and family gathering at home, on the parade route or a pot luck dinner at work.
- Cook the Party Size Jambalaya Rice Mix: you get 2 “Party Size” 20 oz. bags in the Jambalaya Girl 2 pack 20 oz Jambalaya Box. One Party Size bag fills a half pan and serves up to 12 people, or cook both bags in the box for a full pan of Jambalaya that serves up to 24.
Just Add Chicken & Sausage: the directions call for 3 lbs. of protein per Party Size bag, so you can split it 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs and 1.5 lbs. smoked sausage (andouille works well too).
- Shortcut: get the chicken already cooked, pick up a rotisserie chicken, can chicken breast (the one you usually use for chicken salad, it’s actually really good in the jambalaya mix), or a customer once told us she gets Popeye’s Fried Chicken, shreds it apart and throws it in the pot for a tasty, crunchy addition (yum!).
- One Pot Dish: cook your meat, add water and bring to a boil, add Jambalaya Rice Mix, 30 minutes later . . . Yum Yum Come Get You Some! One Party Size bag fits in a 5 qt. pot, 2 Party Size bags will fit in an 8 qt. pot or Dutch Oven. Watch the How to Cook Video.
- Take it To Go: taking the party to the parade route? Easy – put the Jambalaya in an aluminum pan, cover with foil or lid, and throw a serving spoon, bowls and forks in your bead bag. If you want to keep it warm for longer, put the sealed hot pan in an insulated casserole carrier or you can use an ice chest cooler that can also serve as a hot box (without the ice of course).
- What to Serve with Jambalaya: to complete your Mardi Gras dinner party, serve the Jambalaya with a salad, French bread or baguette and a King Cake for dessert! Decorate with Mardi Gras beads, Mardi Gras masks, play some Mardi Gras and New Orleans brass music and you’ll have your guests proclaiming “Cook Me Somethin’ Mister!”
Jambalaya Girl is elevating the box mix category with a blended Jambalaya Rice Mix and Gumbo Base with Roux. Her blends have more real vegetables, more flavor, less heat (kid approved!), no artificial flavors, no MSG added, no certified colors and they are proudly made in New Orleans. Yum Yum Come Get You Some!