How to Cook Jambalaya Girl Gumbo Base with Roux February 24 2018
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
Stove Top Instructions:
You will need:
6 Cups Water
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
1 lb. Sliced Smoked Sausage
*Great with seafood too! Try it with shrimp, crawfish, crab meat and/or oysters.
1. Cook meat in pot.
2. Add 4 cups of water to pot and bring to a boil.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk Gumbo Mix with remaining 2 cups water until Mix is dissolved.
4. Add Gumbo mixture to boiling pot and mix well.
5. Return pot to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover pot and let simmer up to 20-45 minutes to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
6. Shout “Yum, yum, come get you some!” stir and serve over rice.
For Seafood Gumbo – add seafood to pot 20 minutes before cooking is completed.
Also, check out our cooking instructions for: